Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Point of view

1st person
Miranda

I retrieved it, and brushed the ashes off the cover, and rolled it in the opposite direction to get it to lie flat. I got into bed, still rumpled from their lovemaking, and studied the borders of Bengal. The map was connected to an article about something called the Gramin Bank. I turned the page, hoping for a photograph of the city where Dev was born, but all she found were graphs and grids. still, i stared at them, thinking the whole time about Devm about how only fifteen minutes ago he'd propped my feet on top of his shoulders, and pressed my knees to my chest, and told me that he couldn't get enough of me.
I had met him only a week ago, at Filene's. I was there on my lunch break, buying a discounted pantyhose in the basment, I took the escalator to the main part of the store, to the cosmetics department, where soaps and creams were being displayed like jewels. Though I had never bought anything besides lipstick. I liked negotiating with women planted at every turn, who sprayed cards with perfume and waved them in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment